The New Wave Company Privacy Notice
We (The New Wave Company) respect your privacy and rights as an individual. We will only send you direct marketing, which is a ‘legitimate interest’, and that we believe to be relevant to you in your professional capacity and to your business. This is the legal basis for which we process your data.
1. How we collect your personal data?
We collect personal data
- From our web forms when you register for our events or subscribe to newsletters.
- From information that is in the public domain, for example on a website or public register.
2. What personal data we may hold?
We only process the minimum amount of personal data necessary for the performance of our legitimate interest. This will normally be limited to your name, address and your regular email address.
3. Our Legitimate Interest Assessment
In accordance with ICO guidelines, we have conducted a Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA) and a Legitimate Interest Assessment (LIA). After considering the type of personal data we process and the potential impact that its collection and use could have, we have concluded that there is minimal risk of affecting your fundamental rights and freedoms. We have further concluded that the lawful processing of your personal information is in our legitimate interest.
4. How will we process and share your data?
We may contact you about events, which we believe to be relevant to you in your professional capacity and your business, for example: by email invitation; newsletter. When you register to attend one of our events, we may also share your information with our clients for the performance of their own legitimate direct marketing campaigns. We will only supply your personal data where we are satisfied that the products and services they supply are relevant to you in your professional capacity and business. We will endeavour to ensure, through our data sharing contact with third parties, that your personal data is always processed lawfully. Your data may be disclosed to employees of The New Wave Company and to carefully selected data processors, such as a mailing fulfilment company, but only under the terms of a separate written agreement. We may also need to disclose information to authorities or professionals for legal reasons or in the case of a dispute.
5. More about what we use personal data for
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To promote a relevant and upcoming event.
- To enable our clients to promote their goods and services, where relevant.
- To carry out our contractual obligations between you and us.
6. Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations
The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) sit alongside GDPR. They give people specific privacy rights in relation to electronic communications. As we only send business to business communications, these regulations allow us to send emails and other forms of electronic communications to relevant businesses. We will always clearly identify ourselves as the sender of these communications and provide you with a suitable and simple way to opt-out from future communications.
7. How long do we hold personal data?
We will only keep your data for as long as we believe it is accurate and current. i.e. as long as we believe that it is associated with a business that is included in our invitation profile. We regularly check, maintain, update and remove data that is no longer accurate.
8. Where we store personal data
Wherever possible, we will store your data on secure servers located in the UK or within the European Economic Area (EEA). However, in some instances, like in the case of Google Cloud Storage
, this is not always possible. Where this is the case, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that data is stored securely and in accordance with the applicable data protection regulations.
9. Profiling of personal data
We do not use your information for data profiling or automated decision making.
11. Your rights as an individual
It is important that you understand your rights as an individual;
- Right to Erasure. You may request that we erase your personal data and we will do so within 30 days but normally much sooner. To avoid the possibility of re-adding your personal data in the future, we will retain your email address (if available) in our master suppression file. You may request that we add your personal data back to our invitation list at any time.
- Right to request rectification If you determine that the personal data we hold about you is incorrect you have the right to request rectification. We will consider the request and rectify any errors found. If we do have reasons to believe that an error has not occurred, we may keep the information as previous. You will be informed of the outcome by telephone, email or post.
- Subject Access Request At any point, you have the right to submit a Subject Access Request and we will respond within 30 days but normally much sooner. We will not charge a fee for any of the requests above unless the request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’. We also reserve the right to withhold personal data if disclosing it would ‘adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others’.
- Right to restrict processing You have the right to request the restriction or suppression of your personal information. In the case of our business, reasonably you will never need to do so as we can erase or supply the information we hold on you quickly
- Right to data portability You have the right to receive and access data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Right to object You have the right to object to processing on the basis of legitimate interest or to our direct marketing. You can object via the form below requesting the removal of your data.
12. Registering a complaint
If at any point you feel we are being unfair or dismissing your rights as an individual please contact us and let us know.
13. Contacting The New Wave Company
If you have any queries regarding how your data is processed or shared, including activating your right to erasure please contact us by completing the form at the bottom of this page or by post to The New Wave Company by email to (email@example.com
A cookie is a small file, typically of letters and numbers, downloaded on to a device when the user accesses certain websites. Cookies allow a website to recognise a user’s device.
We hope that you find our website interesting and informative. This website contains various information about The New Wave Company’s events and our customers. Every endeavour has been made to ensure that the contents are accurate and up to date, no representation or warranty, either express or implied, is made. The New Wave Company accepts no liability for any loss or claim to arise from the use of this information, howsoever caused.
Our systems are monitored by virus checking software, however, the company cannot accept any responsibility for viruses or other destructive elements contained within or attached to these pages. It is your responsibility to scan and check all materials before downloading them from this site.
Links to other websites are made entirely at your own risk. The New Wave Company accepts no liability for either the use of the link or the content of the related site.
All pages of this site are subject to copyright. Access is provided for use on a temporary basis and for the purpose of using these pages. Permanent storage, distribution, or copying of the information in the website is strictly prohibited.
19. Web Beacons
In our email broadcasts, we may use Web Beacons, which help us to monitor and analyse subscribers’ interactions with our emails. These Web Beacons take the form of single pixel transparent GIF images; they are not malicious and cannot harm your computer. By choosing to download the images in our emails – which include the Web Beacons – we are able to measure the number of recipients who viewed our email.
Additionally, we may use tracked hyperlinks in our email broadcasts, which help us monitor which parts of our emails our subscribers are most interested in. We may use this data to develop future promotions which we hope will be more relevant to you. The information we collect is used to help us tailor relevant content.